I’m all about having minimal waste in the kitchen so this Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables recipe is a great way to use up those veggies sitting in the fridge or pantry. If you don’t have the vegetables used here, feel free to substitute any sturdy veggie you have on hand, such as carrots, fennel, parsnips, and even eggplant.
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables Ingredients:
- 1 lb. bag mini sweet peppers, seeded and cut in half
- 1 lb. Portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. Herbs de Provence (or Italian seasoning)
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
You will also need (We've included affiliate links to the products I use at home):
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B011QQE7AA” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”reamom0b-20″]Large Sheet Pan[/easyazon_link], I use a commercial-sized sheet pan, I find the larger surface allows room to spread everything out and for an even bake.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01NAZI4OG” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”reamom0b-20″]Silpat Baking Mat[/easyazon_link], this is one of my favorite kitchen tools because you can use it over and over again (after washing) and it evenly bakes whatever you have on the sheet pan. Or [easyazon_link identifier=”B006JCWGIC” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”reamom0b-20″]parchment paper[/easyazon_link]works great too.
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Add peppers, Portobello mushrooms, onion, and Brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl. Add garlic powder, Herbs de Provence, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar and gently toss to combine. Season generously with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Arrange seasoned vegetables on a prepared baking sheet in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd. Use two large baking sheets, if necessary.
- Place sheet pan in preheated oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until the vegetables are tender and develop a nice caramelized color. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tip: This recipe calls for Herbs de Provence, but Italian seasoning can be used instead. This will alter the flavor profile a bit, but the result will still be delicious.
Roasting deepens and intensifies the inherent sweetness of vegetables; so don’t be surprised if this becomes a new family favorite!